From 1880-1882 Rev. Father Woolahan was assigned to St Joseph Catholic Church.
In 1900 Rose Lummus, lay associate of the Daughters of the Sacred Heart, is sent to St. Joseph to establish a parochial school by Msgr. Andrew R. Gwynn.
In 1910 the church is enlarged and renovated under the direction of Msgr. Andrew R. Gwynn.
In 1919 Rev. Thomas J. Mackin is appointed the first resident pastor, with missions covering seven counties of upper South Carolina and Hartwell, Georgia.
In 1955 Rev. Edward J. Murphy is ordained to the priesthood at St. Joseph—the first ordination to take place in Anderson.
In 1958 the first native of Anderson Rev. Francis A. Friend was ordained a priest and receives Holy Orders in Rome.
In 1967 St. Joseph Catholic School opens, staffed by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia. Rev. Thomas D. Timlin is appointed tenth pastor.
On March 5, 2011, Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone officially transferred the parish to the pastoral care of the Franciscan Friars of Holy Name Province.
In June 2015, Father Jay Scott Newman was named our Canonical Pastor by Bishop Guglielmone.
On June 1, 2016 Father Marek Sotek was named Administrator of our parish and school.